Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Gardentime 2011: Zucchini Whoa

The last to get planted in the garden this season (uh....so far) was zucchini. The zucchini was an afterthought, remembered only after everything else was planned and only really remembered because I found the perfect pot for it at Ikea.

Zucchini. I know what you're thinking. It's going to take over the yard, like that damned cucumber did last year. It's a vining plant, you'll be drowning in the thing and kicking yourself by July.

Not this one, at least, so I've been told. I've planted the Raven bush variety, which according to the fine folks at The Kitchn, is small enough to grow in a pot.

I've been mighty impressed with this little guy so far. I planted three seeds on Friday evening and already (Wednesday), they've all shot up. I'll have to pull two of the seedlings up, but will wait till they're a bit taller to do that.

No comments: