Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow, Snow, Snow

It is snowing here in Philadelphia and I am not a huge fan of it. At this point, I don't think any one is. It has gone from being beautiful and majestic to quite the pain in the ass. I haven't left the house all day. And I spent all day Saturday indoors as well. This snow isn't really even snow so much as icy cold globules that are blowing every which way.

But, despite the fact that there are about two or three feet of the cold, sticky white stuff on the ground, and the fact that SEPTA buses stopped running at 5PM today, I have to find a way to trudge the 2+ miles up to my job tomorrow morning. I'm not sure how that will go just yet.

However, I find that I quite enjoy the National Weather Service's warnings about all the snow lately. On Tuesday, they described it as an explosively forming storm. And their blizzard warning for this evening is priceless:

NEAR-BLIZZARD OR BLIZZARD CONDITIONS ARE RARE FOR OUR AREA... SO
IT IS LIKELY THAT PEOPLE WILL NOT REALIZE THE PERIL THAT EXISTS
IN VENTURING OUT IN SUCH STORMS. LIFE-THREATENING CONDITIONS ARE
POSSIBLE... AND DRIVING WILL BE HAZARDOUS AT BEST DURING THIS
WINTER STORM TODAY AND EARLY TONIGHT. IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
THAT TRAVEL BE CURTAILED DUE TO THE DANGEROUS CONDITIONS... AND
ONLY DRIVE IF IT IS TRULY AN EMERGENCY SITUATION.

No comments: