Monday, December 14, 2009

Stockings!



I've not been the type to decorate for the holidays in the past, but this year, something happened to me and I found myself wanting to make decorations up the wazoo. Fortunately, my local craft store was either out of or doesn't normally have foam wreath forms, so my vision of a sparkly wreath didn't come to fruition.

Instead I just made stockings.

I used Joel Dewberry's Manzanita fabric, which I got on sale for $2.49 or so a yard. Each stocking used a total of 1/2 yard, for the outside and the lining. I put fusible fleece in the middle, though you could use batting if you felt like quilting them. I didn't trust my drawing ability, so I downloaded a free stocking pattern I found on the Internet. The top parts are acrylic felt and they are attached to the staircase using ribbon loops and quick ties. All told, they cost less than $6 for the pair.

If you're looking for more holiday decorating ideas, check out my article on DIY Holiday decorations, over at Life123.

No comments: