Friday, June 5, 2009

Weekend Projects

I promised crappy photos in the sidebar, and here they are.

I occasionally have big project weekends, where I attempt to complete several sewing projects over the course of two days. I was a bit lazy this weekend, and am still at work on one of them (a shirt, which I don't know if I'm going to like). But here are the ones I've completed:

That is a log pillow. I was inspired by this log pillow kit, available over a Home Ec. But I didn't really have $25 to spend on a pillow, much less one I had to make myself. What I did have, however, is half a yard of Joel Dewberry's Ginseng fabric in a celery colored faux bois pattern. . . and so there's my pillow. It may not look as "loggy" as the Home Ec one, but I like it. And it was all of $5.


This is a purse (hanging out with some mugs in this photo) that I've had on the back burner for a while. I was originally hoping to have it done in time to wear with my Easter dress, but then after making my dress, decided I needed a break from sewing for a bit. I got the pattern (for free) from Made By Rae (thanks!). It's really cute, but on the small side, so more for those nights when I don't want to carry around a lot than for every day.

No comments: