Thursday, April 16, 2009

Wow. . .

I am terrible at writing this blog. I have to admit that lately, I haven't thought much about theater, except for when I'm reviewing something or going to see a show for fun.
Which is odd, because it's something that once kept me up at night--and now, now, I feel content to let it be.

Maybe I was never a "theatre" person in the way that we typically think of theatre people as being--i.e. the high school drama geek or the person dedicated to Broadway. And when I look around lately, that's all I see. The big commercial theaters, the high school theater geek award shows (wha?). I want to know where all the stuff I found before is--small, low budget experimental, and joyous performance, where are you hiding?

Is it me? Am I just not looking hard enough? Or has everyone just shrugged their shoulders and decided to work on more conventional stuff instead?

No comments: